Body lift is a surgery done for a loose skin reduction to give a proper desire tone and shape of body. The body may be loose due to aging factor or may be when a person lost a good amount of weight.
During this procedure excess skin is removed from the abdomen, thighs and buttocks, and the abdominal muscles and skin are tightened.
A body lift improves the shape and tone of the underlying tissue that supports fat and skin. Excess sagging fat and skin are removed to treat conditions caused in part by poor tissue elasticity.
The lower body lift is the most common type of body lift in our practice. It typically includes a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), thigh lift and buttocks lift performed at the same time. The incision is concealed around the waistline so that it's not visible when wearing underwear or a bikini.
A Body Lift May Include These Areas:
- Abdominal area, locally or extending around the sides and into the lower back area
- Buttocks, that may be low, flat or shaped unevenly
- Groin that may sag into the inner thigh
- Thigh, including the inner, outer, or posterior thigh
How is a Body Lift procedure performed?
Body Lift surgery is done in following steps:
- Removal of excess fat and skin
- The closing of the incision
What are the risks of body lift surgery? Possible body lift surgery risks include:
- Anesthesia risks
- Bleeding (hematoma)
- Poor wound healing
- Fluid accumulation
- Numbness or other changes in skin sensation
- Fatty tissue under the skin might die (fat necrosis)
- Pain, which may persist
- Recurrent looseness of skin
- Persistent swelling in the legs
- Skin discoloration and/or prolonged swelling
- Deep vein thrombosis, cardiac and pulmonary complications
- Possible need for revisionary surgery
- Skin loss
- Sutures may spontaneously surface through the skin, become visible or produce irritation and require removal
- Unfavorable scarring
What is the recovery time for a body lift?
It takes generally 4 to 6 weeks after the surgery. Then they are cleared to live a normal lifestyle.
What are the benefits of body lift surgery?
- Excessive skin in the thighs, abdomen, hips and lower back that usually accompanies excessive weight loss
- Stubborn, excess fat deposits in the hips, thighs, back
- Sagging skin and poor lower body tone
How long last the result will?
The results of a body lift are visible almost immediately. It may take as long as six months for the final results to fully develop. The result generally last for 5-10 years depending up maintaining a stable height.
Book your Appointment